A common question of our customers is “what is minimalist or barefoot running?” The book Born to Run, by Christopher McDougall, helped generate the recent popularity of barefoot running. There are definite pros and cons to minimalist running and footwear. We don’t have an opinion on the subject, but rather we try to help all runners reach their goals. The most common problem we see from runners attempting to go minimalist is a rise in injury. Too often they neglect to develop a plan that allows their body to adjust to a minimalist shoe. We always encourage customer to transition their footwear over time.
Posts Tagged ‘Saucony’
Winter is coming! Get ready for the snow and ice this winter with the RUNSHIELD updates to Saucony’s Peregrine 6 and Xodus ISO.
Peregrine 6 ICE+
- 4mm off set
- FLEX shell upper is water resistant to protect against the elements
- Vibram Arctic Grip outsole with Ice Trek technology, this trail shoe offers high traction grip designed specifically for running in icy conditions
- 4 mm offset
- FLEX shell upper to is water resistant to protect against the elements
- PWRTRAC rubber provides 3x better traction then standard rubber
- ISOFIT creates a dynamic fit system by adapting to the shape of your foot
- Engineered for optimal grip and to shed mud